While I SO wish the mild temps of fall would last a tad longer, winter is just a few short days away.
For this week’s Fix-It Up Friday, get your home tucked-in tight for the frosty days ahead with these home maintenance tips:
1. Check your pipes. Make sure exterior pipes are insulated and caulked. (P.S. Insulation and caulk are way less expensive than burst pipes.)
2. Get on those gutters. Prevent damage by cleaning out gutters. Got lots of trees? It may be time to consider gutter guards.
3. Feel for drafts. Gaps around windows and doors run up your heating bill. New weatherstripping is an easy DIY solution.
4. Service the furnace. Remove buildup and get your furnace ready for the prime time of winter.
5. Be ready for ice storms. Salt increases traction and accelerates melting so have it on hand to head off sidewalk accidents.
Keep the cold outside where it belongs this winter—and if you’re looking to buy or sell in 2021, shoot me a message. I’d love to chat.
#lesliehugginsrealestate #homesbyleslie #localagent #wintermaintenance #letsconnect #callmetoday
If you are ready to start your buying or selling process
give me a call at 478-954-3774 - I´m happy to answer all your questions.