You’ve played with the online calculators. The savings seem substantial. Isn’t FSBO at least worth a shot?
If you’re thinking about selling your “home alone” you need some honest-to-goodness pros and cons to help you decide.
So without further ado...
• Pro: You won’t have to pay a 6% commission to the agents. I get it. I mean, who wouldn’t want a few thousand more dollars to spend on their new home? ⠀
• Con: FSBO sellers typically pay a 3% commission since most buyers work with a realtor. Keep in mind statistics show selling with an agent garners higher profits—often enough to cover commission AND put more money in your pocket.
• Pro: No doubts—you are your home’s biggest advocate, expert, and cheerleader. No one knows your home better than you.
• Con: While you may be an expert on your home, you may not have the sales and marketing experience to sell quickly for top dollar. A qualified agent will have a proven track record of selling homes in your zip code.
• Pro: You set the schedule and parameters for home viewings and negotiations. You have control over who, when, and how buyers see your home.
• Con: Selling a home takes a lot of time—phone calls, text messages, screening buyers, and rescheduling missed showings (not to mention all the paperwork). When you sell with an agent, those logistics fall square into your agent's lap.⠀
My job is to make the process of selling your home as easy and as profitable as possible. If you’re thinking of selling your home, shoot me a message. I’d love to help!
If you are ready to start your buying or selling process
give me a call at 478-954-3774 - I´m happy to answer all your questions.